Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
The Rochester Firefighters’ Benevolent Association is interested in assisting 2020 graduating high school seniors in securing the advantages of post secondary/college education. The Association will award one scholarship per year: A $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a student scheduled to attend an accredited post secondary Institution/College/University. This scholarship will be awarded to a student demonstrating scholastic aptitude and good citizenship.
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN MAY 15, 2020
Rules governing scholarship assistance are as follows:
1. No distinction as to race, color, creed, sex, rank of parent/grandparent/legal guardian, association with RFBA, City of Rochester or Local Union shall be drawn in granting of scholarship.
2. Applicants must have a parent, grandparent or legal guardian who is a member in good standing with the Rochester Firefighters’ Benevolent Association.
3. The candidate must be a graduating High School Senior in 2020.
4. The candidate must be accepted at an accredited post secondary institution.
5. No assistance will be provided to any student who is already receiving or anticipates receiving a fully paid scholarship, grant or financial aid package. (Not including repayable loans)
6. No request for assistance will be considered until the candidate has provided a complete application. Failure to complete the application in full and submit by deadline will result in disqualification.
7. Scholarships will be paid directly to the college/institution that the applicant will be attending and are to be used towards school related expenses such as tuition, room and board.
8. Scholarships will be made payable upon receipt of the student’s ID and a copy of the students deposit from the college bursar's office. All scholarships are a onetime payment for the first year of attendance.
9. Completed applications must be returned to: (Deadline May 15, 2020)